Join us Nov. 15-18 for the Fall NEARC Virtual Conference

Schedule Announced & Registration Open

The NEARC Board and Fall Host Committee are excited to share the 2020 Virtual Fall NEARC Conference schedule! This year's conference experience is designed like other Fall NEARC conferences including plenary and panel sessions, concurrent user presentations, ESRI presentations, posters, vendor interaction, networking opportunities and social events. Over the next few weeks we will share details about:

·    Virtual social events,

·    Tips and tutorials for navigating the virtual venue, and

·    An invitation to the Virtual NEARC Open House on Thursday, November 12 to welcome you to the virtual venue! Mark your calendars now.

Registration is open and Scholarships are available! Please don't let the registration fee prevent you from attending the conference. Scholarship information and applications can be found on the registration page linked below.

The NEARC Board is aware that some members of our community have questions and concerns about how these registration rates were calculated for Virtual NEARC. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, here are some of the expenses and considerations that went into that decision:

1.   NEARC has fixed expenses, regardless of whether the event is in-person or virtual including our Event Management Company fee, bookkeeping fees and other small administrative fees. Join us at the Business Meeting Monday afternoon (November 16th) to learn more and ask questions. As a conference attendee, you are automatically a member of NEARC.

2.   The Virtual Venue comes with a cost. We shopped around and did our best to find a balance between low price and functionality and we found a great platform for connecting, interacting, and communicating with conference presenters, vendors, sponsors and all attendees. See below for more details about Whova!

3.   Finally, we want to ensure that anyone who wants to attend, can attend! Scholarships are available to attendees who otherwise would not be able to participate.

We feel confident that the full conference experience (including multiple formats and opportunities for networking) will provide great value to the NEARC community and allow us all to stay connected. The Fall NEARC conference is much more than a series of webinars. We will connect, interact and learn from one another, just like we do in person!

Register now to benefit from the early registration rate!

Why Attend Virtual NEARC?

Flexibility. Participants will have access to the full schedule of meetings, both live during the conference and recordings afterward, and can move easily between sessions.

Networking Opportunities. A virtual environment provides new opportunities to engage with fellow attendees in real-time chat, discussion forums and one on one video.

Expanded Attendee Base. A virtual conference allows participants to connect with a larger audience, many of whom may not have attended in the past due to travel constraints.

Cost Savings.

·    Lower registration fees and no travel or hotel expenses.

·    Registration: $175 (Professional), $75 (Student), $50 (GIS Ed. Day), $25 (GIS Ed. Day, K-12 educators)

·    Travel Fees: $0 to commute to your office, possibly in your living room, basement, or shed

·    Lodging Fees: $0 to sleep in your own bed

·    This is a deal! Last year, NEARC registration fees ranged from $475 for professionals to $75 for K-12 educators at GIS Ed. Day plus lodging and travel.

Virtual Platform–Whova

Our virtual event platform is Whova! Whova provides integrated mobile and desktop apps and offers the following to participants:

·    Dynamic personalized schedule

·    Livestream presentations with Q&A

·    Exhibitor/sponsor booths and opportunities for visits and conversation

·    Virtual posters

·    Networking through text chat & video meetups, both scheduled and impromptu

·    Presentation recordings after the event so you can access the sessions you missed!

·    Check out this video about Whova

To learn more about the Northeast Arc Users Group and the Fall NEARC Conference, visit www.northeastarc.org.

NEARC | c/o Delaney Meeting & Event Management, 46B Main St. , Winooski, VT 05404

Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.