Hi NEARC community,

My company is weighing the option of opening a GIS Tech position and want to gather some market information. Such a position would include conducting tedious feature editing, raster analysis and manipulation,  progressing our AGOL platform, etc.

Can anyone provide insight to the following questions:

  1. What skills would a recent GIS graduate have received coming out of a program (what applications, scripting, and/or coding experience would they have, etc)
  2. What would the market starting salary or income rate for an entry level position filled by a recent graduate be?

Thanks for any input.

Brittany L. Hoffnagle

Environmental Scientist

Woods Hole Group