Dear UConn Faculty and Staff,

We are writing to alert you to an email issue that affected the delivery of messages.

Starting at approximately 7:00 pm yesterday, email sent to students’ UConn Gmail accounts was not delivered, including those sent from university systems, such as HuskyCT.  Messages bounced back, and senders received a notification that their message was undeliverable if it was sent from their email account and not a system. This was caused by a configuration change by Microsoft that blocked proper email routing.  ITS has corrected the issue, and as of 6:00 am today, December 8, email is working correctly.  We are compiling a list of all blocked emails and are sending the intended recipients this information.  If you received an undeliverable notification, please resend the message.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  Please do not hesitate to contact us with comments, questions, or concerns.

Regards,

Michael Mundrane, Vice President for Information Technology

Josh Boggis, Director, Enterprise Systems

--

Michael R. Mundrane, Ph.D.

Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer

Professor in Residence

Computer Science and Engineering Departmenta

University of Connecticut

Phone: 860.486.1777