Hello and Happy New Year!

We’re kicking off 2021 off with a NEARC Mappy Hour Social. Please save the date for NEARC New Year Mappy Hour Thursday, January 28th from 5-6pm. This event will be an informal zoom gathering with breakout rooms for casual discussions and nerdy map talk. More details to come!

We also want to officially announce that Spring NEARC 2021 will be going virtual on Tuesday, May 18th. While I know it is disappointing for us to not be able to gather in person, there is still much to look forward to. The Fall 2020 virtual conference was a great success! We feel confident that we will put on another great virtual event for the community. Please save the date!

Interested in helping with the organization of the virtual Spring 2021 NEARC?

We are looking for folks to join the (virtual) host committee. Host Committee members will contribute to planning and coordinating the content and flow of the Spring one day conference, including conference logistics, session scheduling, social events and more. No event planning required. We are just looking for your passion and enthusiasm to help us plan another great NEARC event.

Contact Tim LeDoux ([log in to unmask]) or Carsten Braun ([log in to unmask]) to learn more about getting involved!

Here’s to a better and brighter new year!

Katie Grillo and the NEARC Board

Emily Wilson, Brittany Hoffnagle, Esther Olson Murphy, Pam DeAndrea, Erica Tefft, Nate Ward and Bill Dilibero