Dear UConn Community:

I am pleased to share that our quarantine and testing strategy for starting the spring semester has been successful in maintaining a low rate of positive COVID-19 cases among our students, thanks in significant part to the many staff across Student Affairs.

As a result of our successful quarantine, I am also glad to confirm that classes with an in-person component can begin meeting in person, starting on Monday, Feb. 1.

I know that the availability and timing of vaccines is a priority question for many in our community.  At this time, we are in the first sub-phase of Phase 1b, which includes only individuals who are aged 75 or older.

Our ability to maintain a relatively high level of in-person campus presence and activities has been truly a community effort. I am grateful to each student, staff, and faculty member of our community who has played your part in maintaining a safe and healthy environment. I look forward to seeing more of you on our campuses in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Carl

Carl Lejuez

Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs

Questions? Email at [log in to unmask] or join me in my online office hours, https://provost.uconn.edu/.