Greetings CT GIS Network,

Congratulations on adopting our first data standard. I’m sure we’ll be adopting a lot more standards in the months to come. In fact we may even be adopting an update to the trails standard sooner than we ever anticipated!

On the day we adopted the trail standard, by an odd occurrence, we got wind of a federal trail standard being developed and its public comment period is through the month of March. I’ve provided the details below incase you’d like to comment and influence the federal standard.
https://communities.geoplatform.gov/ngda-transportation/federal-trail-gis-schema-working-group/

The CTGIS Working group will be comparing our recently adopted standard to the federal standard once it is finalized to see if any changes to the CT GIS Network standard are needed. We’d like to be meet or exceed federal standards if possible. Since our standard considered a 2011 federal standard in its design, I’m sure they are already closely aligned.

Anyways wanted to keep all of you updated of the process.

Best regards,

Mike Towle, President of the CT GIS Network

[log in to unmask] | 475.323.2064

Michael Towle
Deputy Director, Western Connecticut Council of Governments
tel/fax 475-323-2064 · [log in to unmask]

web westcog.org · post 1 Riverside Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482