Dear NEARC friends,

I hope this email finds you well. This is a reminder that NEARC has two upcoming community events that we hope you can join us for! To learn more and to register for these free events, please visit the Community Events page: northeastarc.org/community-events

Here’s a quick overview of what’s to come:

Census Essentials for GIS Professionals - Understanding ACS & Decennial Data

Wednesday, March 24th, 5:00 - 6:30pm – One week from today!

This is an opportunity to learn about the American Community Survey (ACS) and the forthcoming 2020 Census data. This hands-on workshop will allow you to follow along as we learn how to access and use this data to answer some of the questions we might have in our communities.

Mapping Inequality Workshop

Thursday, April 29th, 12:00 - 1:15pm

In this hands-on workshop, we will explore how maps play a role in understanding how federal practices exacerbate inequalities in our urban communities to this day. For this workshop, we will be using ArcGIS Online maps as well as data from the Living Atlas. It is recommended (not required) that you have access to an ArcGIS Online account for this event.

Did you miss last month’s event: The Role of Geography and Mapping in Segregation, A Discussion ​

You can visit the past events page on the NEARC website to access the recording and collaborative call to action document from that great event.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to get involved in planning a community event. Please remember the Spring NEARC Conference is also looking for abstract submissions!

Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

--

Katie Grillo | NEARC President