Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,

The ongoing pandemic has resulted in many challenges for our community, one of which is limited in-person overseas programs as a result of restricted international travel. We acknowledge the disruptions this has caused and recognize that you are looking forward to the easing of international travel restrictions that are still in place.

At this time, international travel remains restricted through the spring and summer for Education Abroad programs. We are hopeful to resume programs this fall, but are unable at this point to confirm. Education Abroad also looks forward to resuming in-person programs globally, while following established COVID-19 protocols and guidelines to ensure the safety of our students, faculty and staff. As such, we will continue to keep you informed of any changes and updates regarding the resumption of in-person international programs this fall.
For students planning on engaging in in-person Education Abroad this fall semester through UConn, Affiliated or Exchange programs, we encourage you to be aware of any deadlines, especially those that involve financial commitment. Please do not make any financial commitments until UConn confirms that you can participate in in-person Education Abroad programs. To that end, we encourage students to also register for classes at UConn and apply for UConn housing (if applicable) pending this confirmation. More information is available on the UConn Education Abroad website<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fabroad.uconn.edu%2F&data=04%7C01%7CUCONN_UNDERGRADUATE_STUDENTS-L%40LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU%7C620fe1b387e14ad4314c08d8f4535d09%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637527986160840538%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=fJ1RG%2FA%2Fxd3%2F1Of41ApaFBXnM8Lh4lQ%2FfC5Jvq2THkg%3D&reserved=0>.
In addition to preparing for in-person Education Abroad programs, we are pleased to continue offering Virtual Education Abroad courses and internships for the fall semester. We remain committed to working closely with you all, as well as our partners from around the world, to facilitate meaningful and life-transformative experiences.

We recognize the level of uncertainty the current environment presents. We will continue to keep you informed and welcome any questions you may have.

Please contact us<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fabroad.uconn.edu%2Four-team%2F&data=04%7C01%7CUCONN_UNDERGRADUATE_STUDENTS-L%40LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU%7C620fe1b387e14ad4314c08d8f4535d09%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637527986160850541%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=WV1z1kL5Ez%2FbJPI9nANkRe4AoobOxodmVuY8it91J1w%3D&reserved=0> at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Sincerely,

Ngozi Taffe
Assistant Vice President for Global Affairs