Greetings!

Monroe Community College in Rochester, NY now has a brand new 3 class (9 credit) GIST microcredential that we wanted to share with you.  The 9-credit microcredential is geared towards GIST professionals like yourselves, and covers skills in database acquisition, data management, Python for GIS, and web mapping.

Please find an informational flyer for the new microcredential as well as flyers for two of the new GIST courses in the microcredential attached here.  It is certainly one of the first at MCC, if not the first.  The first course in the microcredential, Geospatial Data Acquisition and Management, will be offered starting Fall 2021.

MCC also offers our popular 24 credit GIST Certificate.  More information can be found here: www.monroecc.edu/go/geospatial

If you would like to learn more about the program or are interested in enrolling, please feel free to reach out to me ([log in to unmask]) or Professor Jon Little ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

Thank you!

Catherine M. DuBreck, MSc Geography

Employee: MCC, Department of Chemistry and Geosciences

Lead Alumni Mentor: Geospatial Information Science and Technology Program

NSF ATE Co-PI: Meeting Workforce Needs through Virtual GIST https://atecentral.net/msites/MCC_GIST