Hi all,

Our Data Visualization course is starting in the end of May (informational webinar this Thursday). This course has been widely popular outside of GIS students, including with students of business and marketing. Thought you all might be interested!

Cheers,

Gillian

Upcoming UVM Course: Data Visualization and Communication – starting 5/24

Learn How to Effectively Present Data

Decisions in our work lives are driven more and more by data. Analyzing this data can reveal patterns and relationships that can be used to better inform decision-makers. One way to present this analysis is through data visualization, which is the graphical representation of information.

As part of UVM’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Data Communication Professional Certificate, we are pleased to offer Data Visualization & Communication from May 24th – July 16th. In this engaging 8-week course, you will learn the ways people use their cognitive and perceptual abilities to comprehend information, best practices for creating compelling and effective data visualizations, and the many nuanced factors influencing the successful application of these practices.

To learn more about the course and the instructor, watch the course introduction video. Instructor Bill Shander, along with the UVM GIS program director Gillian Galford, will also be featured in an upcoming GIS and Data Communication Info-Session on May 13th from 12:00-12:30pm, where he will discuss the field of Data Visualization and its application in the real world. learn more & register for the info-session.

Click here to register for Data Visualization & Communication

Dr. Gillian L. Galford (she/her)

University of Vermont

Research Associate Professor, Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources

Fellow, Gund Institute for Environment

Program Director, Geospatial Technologies and GIS Certificate

210 Colchester Ave (Farrell Hall 213), Burlington, VT 05405

802.656.2920 | @g_galford