Dear Colleagues,

As you are aware from my recent communication, our EVP/CFO Scott Jordan will be departing at the end of this month for a position at Harvard University. Scott's existing role comprises both a CFO function and several operating lines of reporting. We have decided that going forward, we will separate the financial role into its own interim Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for the University.

I am pleased to announce that Lloyd Blanchard, who has served as our Associate Vice President of Budget, Management, and Institutional Research since 2018, has agreed to serve in this interim Vice President and CFO role effective June 30. In addition to his existing areas of responsibility, as the interim VP and CFO Lloyd will oversee Budget & Planning, Controller, including Bursar, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury Services, and Payroll, and Business Services, including Procurement and Capital Projects & Contract Administration.

I would like to thank Lloyd for agreeing to take on these significant new responsibilities. As many of you know, Lloyd is an exceptionally effective, respected, and experienced leader and administrator, as well as a member of our faculty in the Department of Public Policy. He originally joined UConn in 2016 to lead the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) before also becoming the leader of our budget and planning office two years later. Lloyd earned his undergraduate degrees from the University of Texas, and his MPA and PhD in Public Administration from the Maxwell School at Syracuse. Please see the rest of Lloyd's biographical information here.<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fevpacfo.uconn.edu%2Fperson%2Flloyd-blanchard%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C8154c5c91fb54e2bde1508d929f31dbc%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637586946409368500%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=ln71d0ZFOzhA83aaMYkq%2FZFpbMmplT%2F5Lr%2FMCJdJSBo%3D&reserved=0>

With regards to Scott Jordan's other lines of reporting, namely: Human Resources, Information Technology Services, Facilities Operations, University Planning, Design and Construction, and Public Safety - these will temporarily report to me as I and the leaders of these areas work together over the next few months to determine the optimal operating structure. Please note that IT will be a dual report to myself and the Provost.

Please join me in congratulating Lloyd and thanking him for his leadership and willingness to serve in this interim role.

Best Regards,

Andy

--

Andrew Agwunobi, MD, MBA
Interim President|University of Connecticut