This is being sent to the 4-H Fair, Middlesex & New Haven 4-H Distribution Lists

Important information to share:

Fair Set-up:
  All hands on deck on Saturday, July 31 to help with fair set-up.  We are looking to start around 8:45 and typically finish by 11.  Help is needed in both barns (Home arts & Livestock).  Make sure you come wearing shoes – no open toes and bring rakes, brooms, gloves (both work ann or rubber gloves, etc.)   Everyone make sure you sign the attendance form – it will either be at the fair headquarters or in the Home Arts barn with Peggy.

Fair Publicity:
Make sure you check out the email about our fun contest – it will be coming out this weekend.

Workers for Gates – parking:

We still need people to help out with gates and parking - if you have an hour or two – please check in with George or Bradley on Saturday.

Reminder about bringing in exhibits:

Home Arts Exhibits may be brought in on Thursday, August 5 from 1 pm until 8 pm (your exhibit setup must be completed by 8 ).  We handed out the yellow sheets with individual bar codes for each exhibit at the last fair meeting and will also have them available on Saturday during fair setup.  To make this process go as smoothly as possible on the 5th , please fill out your forms completely before coming on Thursday.  If you have questions about what category – class and lot – your exhibit should be entered in, check the fairbook on the 4-H Fair website http://4-hfair.org/downloads/2021_fairbook_draft.pdf  If you still have questions, email [log in to unmask]

If you are unable to help with set up and pick up your forms then, please email [log in to unmask] or call 203-407-3158.  Leave your name, COMPLETE postal mailing address and approximate number of exhibits you will have.

Animals are scheduled to arrive on August 6 (Friday)  12 pm – 2 pm – Superintendents, officers and managers.  All other participants should bring their animals in from 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm

There are still a few openings for judges in the following areas – arts, crafts, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Communications (written, DVD, Computers and Computer Programs) , Fruits, Veggies and flowers, Models and Collections.  Guidelines are provided.  The judging will take place on FRIDAY night, August 6TH, from 6 p.m. until judging is complete. Check-in time will be at 5:30-5:45 with a brief training beginning at 5:45.  Return email if you are available OR IF YOU HAVE THE NAMES OF SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP OUT..

Thanks Peggy and Emily