Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your hard work during these difficult and evolving times. As always, your ongoing efforts and contributions enable UConn to be the outstanding institution that it is, best serving our students, our state, and society at large.

As you know, while a large number of our employees continued to work on our campuses throughout the pandemic, many others worked remotely either partially or fully. I am writing because there will understandably be many requests to telecommute as we approach the fall semester and the reopening of the university. Except for medical-related requests, deans, other senior leaders, and managers are best positioned to evaluate and decide whether to approve telecommuting requests based on the often unique business and operational needs within each unit. To that end, we have recently shared general guidance with them on this subject.

Based on that guidance, I am now writing to share employee guidance developed by Human Resources regarding what to consider and expect as requests are evaluated. The goal of the university and your leaders/supervisors is to address employee requests fairly, equitably, and with empathy while at the same time ensuring the needs of each unit are met and the university can continue to carry out its mission at the highest level of excellence.

Please find that guidance here, and a related FAQ here.

As always, employees should work directly with leadership within your department on telecommuting requests. Please contact Human Resources at [log in to unmask] with any questions or concerns on the telecommuting issue as we prepare to welcome our students in the fall. Thank you again for all you are doing.

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Agwunobi, MD, MBA

Interim President|University of Connecticut

Chief Executive Officer |UConn Health

Twitter: @UConnPresident

Instagram: @UConnPres