This is being sent to the 4-H Fair, New Haven & Middlesex Distribution Lists – IMPORTANT Info for this weekend – please share:

1.	Schedule – attached is the revised schedule for the weekend which will also be posted in the buildings. (It can be printed on 81/2 x 11 if you change it to portrait)

2.	In case you missed her report at the last fair meetings, Maddie G has contracted food vendor(s) who will be coming in Friday afternoon and staying for the weekend.  Breakfasts (including breakfast sandwiches and pancakes) and lunch & dinners (including burgers, hot dogs, fries and chicken tenders) along with lemonade will be served).

3.	Email from Kendall, Coordinator of Publicity, announcing a contest  and ways you can help publicize the fair after the fact:

Hey everyone! Even though the public is not allowed to attend the fair this year, we still want to do our best to show off all your hard work! In order to do this, we have decided to create a video to look back at in future years. We figured doing short interviews with exhibitors to incorporate in the video would help to involve all aspects of the fair. There will be someone going around the grounds to interview any members interested in being included in the video. Here are some of the questions:

1.     What is your favorite part of exhibiting or your project in general?
2.     How have you persisted or worked through the pandemic with your project?
3.     What is the most important lesson your project has taught you this past year?
4.     What do you look forward to the most when the public is allowed back at the fair next year?
5.     What was your biggest challenge in 4h this year and how did you work to solve it?
6.     How do you plan to prepare your project for the fair next year?
Not all of these need to be answered by each person, but a good mix of answers will be best in order to put the video together. Reach out to me if you are interested in being interviewed!
In addition, we will be holding a social media contest with a $50 prize!!! Whoever posts the most photos in total with BOTH hashtags “#4Hpullingtogether”  and “#UConn4H”will win!! The contest will run from noon on the Sunday of the fair (August 8th) until noon Tuesday (August 10th)!  Each picture posted under both hashtags counts as one point! Use Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to share your posts – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SETTINGS AT PUBLIC NOT PRIVATE
Posting the same thing on multiple platforms still counts as separate points! In addition, if you participate in an interview for the fair video, you will receive an  extra 25 points towards the contest. Show the public what 4-Hers can do and what we are all about!
Thank you for helping to make this the best fair we possibly can!
Kendall McNabola
Coordinator of Publicity

See you all at the fair!

Emily and Peggy