Hi there CT GIS Network,

I just saw there is a job announcement for the GIS State Manager Position for CT. Hazzaa! I can smell fresh state data on its way 😁 What a great step towards robust state datasets. If you are interested in applying check out the details on the Geographic Information Officer job page. https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=210817&R2=4799MP&R3=001

In the meantime stay well, and I’ll catch you at the next GIS Network Meeting with is planned for Friday September 24th 2021. (We’re very much leaning on having a virtual event, will keep you posted).

And, for you curious cats, we have the July Meeting Minutes out for view. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s96pcCxkUGMd--23yS-8dCshlPysv30D?usp=sharing

Lastly, ever thought about passing on your GIS wisdom? The GeoMentor Program is for you. We’re going to be scheming how to boost the Connecticut Activity. Reach out if your curious. More info here https://www.esri.com/about/newsroom/arcnews/give-back-become-a-geomentor/

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mike Towle

GIS Network President