Please distribute this to anywhere people may be interested.

We are hiring a GIS Coordinator to take my position. We are a small organization with about 45 employees in South Norwalk, CT, conveniently located right in the train station. We are a municipality, serving only electric and water utilities in the towns of Norwalk and Wilton in Fairfield County, CT.

See the link below for some job details and feel free to contact me with any questions. I am staying with the organization and will be supervising the GIS Coordinator.

This opening will be open until September 16th. I am required to post the job as it appears, although minimum requirement #3 is not carved in stone.

The position is in a union. Estimated starting salary is in the $80,329-$85,446 range (step 1-3) with annual increases up to step 10. The probationary period is 6 months, after which you will likely receive a step increase; after that it is annual. You will have your own office. We have a new CEO in the last year plus and good relationships between management and employees.

Benefits include:

·        Annual cost of living increases

·        Participation in the CMERS pension program shared by many municipalities, vesting after 5 years

·        Additional 5% of salary contributed into a SEP-IRA plan.

·        457b retirement plan with choice of 3 providers

·        Bring Your Own Device policy with monthly stipend for personal phone use or use company-issued smartphone

·        Annual allowance for footwear

·        Paid vacation, persona, and sick time

·        Annual longevity bonus after 10 years.

·        Dental and vision insurance at no cost

·        Health insurance with employer-funded HSA accounts ($3,000 individual or $6,000 for families /year)

·        Flexible spending accounts

·        Employee Assistance Program

·        Tuition reimbursement

·        Disability insurance

·        Other benefits as described in the union contract.

I hope to welcome a friendly face soon!

Links:

·        Job posting link on our website: https://www.snew.org/job/gis-coordinator/

·        It’s also available on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/q-GIS-l-City-of-Norwalk,-CT-jobs.html?vjk=67b2c9b4d13fada1&advn=8256510727878728