Hello Folks:  Lebanon, NH has recently stood up a “Report an Issue” tool for residents, that includes a front end web page providing some basic guidance, and then the SeeClickFix application as the mapping tool to allow a user to click on a street location and report a pothole, including a description, uploading a photo, etc.  The SeeClickFix tool appears to utilize an ESRI basemap, and essentially would look pretty familiar to this crowd.

And so my question would be whether there are any communities using SeeClickFix that have had their GISers get under the SeeClickFix hood and slide in custom basemaps, or even added layers to this default display?  For example, the basemap is very coarse in comparison to the data that I use and a user would have a large margin of error if they were reporting an issue on one of our hiking trails, as the trails don’t show up on the default basemap, and/or I am not sure if adding a trails layer to this tool is an option.  The concept I am envisioning as a possibility is for SeeClickFix to point to a basemap hosted on ArcGGIS Enterprise, etc.

Long story short, “any experience with customizations to the SeeClickFix mapping tool?  And please do share any examples of incident reporting apps that your community has generated as it would be good to see what else is out there.

Thanks in advance,

-Mark

Mark Goodwin

Planning & Development Dept.