To the University Community:

I’m very pleased to share with you that Letissa C. Reid, a respected and accomplished leader in non-discrimination and equal opportunity compliance, has joined UConn as our new Associate Vice President for the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE).

Letissa comes to UConn from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she was the chief administrator and principal complaint investigator for Equal Opportunity Equal Access investigations. She began in her role at UConn this past Friday.

We strive every day to operate campuses where all who work, study, and visit are afforded equal opportunity and access, and treated with respect and dignity. This work is fundamental to who we are as a community, and Letissa’s experience and dedication to this mission makes her ideally suited to lead OIE.

Before serving in her role at UW-Madison, she was interim assistant director for Equity Diversity Services at UW-Milwaukee, and previously had been a senior associate practicing law at two Chicago-based legal firms.

Letissa also has been generous with her time and knowledge as a mentor to other professionals in the field, a speaker and participant on many conference panels in those realms, and a strong promoter of diversity, equity, and inclusion within educational and employment environments.

She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in philosophy and sociology from the University of Michigan, and her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Indiana University School of Law.

In her role as Associate Vice President for OIE, she leads a team of professionals in UConn’s efforts to foster equitable and inclusive working and learning environments at all of its campuses, including UConn Health.

In addition to ensuring compliance with state and federal law and University policies, Letissa will work closely with others throughout UConn in developing innovative programs and initiatives to support diversity, inclusion, climate, and retention.

On behalf of the entire UConn community, I am grateful to the search committee members and committee chairs, Chief Compliance Officer Kimberly Fearney and Chief Diversity Officer Frank Tuitt. I also want to thank the many others in our community who provided their valuable feedback and assessments during this search process.

Please join me in extending a warm welcome to Letissa as she joins the UConn family.

Sincerely,

Andy

Andrew Agwunobi, MD, MBA

Interim President|University of Connecticut

Chief Executive Officer |UConn Health