Good Morning NEARC Friends and Colleagues,

On behalf of the NEARC Board of Directors and Fall NEARC Host Committee, I’d like to share an announcement about Fall NEARC, as well as some exciting news about an upcoming Community Event.

Fall NEARC Pivots to Fully Remote Conference

October 17th - 20th

As many of you have already heard, the NEARC Board of Directors has made the difficult decision to pivot to a fully remote conference for Fall 2021. It is an unfortunate testament to the times that our registration numbers are significantly lower than we had hoped for. While we had high expectations this pandemic would be behind us by now, these are still difficult times. Many of us are still struggling with personal, financial, and professional challenges.

The Board of Directors, Host Committee, and other individuals involved with planning this conference are working hard to make this event successful and worthwhile for our community. Please consider registering to join to help support the NEARC Organization and to also benefit from the great content and social opportunities at our event!

Visit the Fall NEARC website to learn more. There you will find the schedule of events, registration details, scholarship information and even opportunities to sponsor our event! We look forward to seeing you online from October 17th-20th and now more than ever, we are looking forward to reuniting at the Mount Washington Inn in New Hampshire for Fall 2022!

Upcoming Community Event - NEARC Halloween Mappy Party

Tuesday October 19th 7:00 - 8:30pm

In celebration of our Fall NEARC Conference (Oct 17-20th) we invite you to join us for a NEARC Halloween Mappy Party! Whether you are attending NEARC or not, all are welcome to join in the fun. Costumes and festive attire are not required, but highly encouraged! There will be breakout rooms with a variety of Halloween GIS topics and themes. Take this opportunity to virtually mix and mingle with new and long term NEARC friends and colleagues. Share your scary GIS stories and what may haunt you from your mappy past.  Come get inspired, swap stories, or just relax and enjoy the company of the wonderful people in our community.

Please register to join:  NEARC Halloween Mappy Party
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.

We look forward to connecting with you soon!

--

Katie Grillo | NEARC President on behalf of the NEARC Board and Host Committee

Users Helping Users

northeastarc.org