Dear Colleagues,

Today marks the 46th day since the start of the fall semester, and I would like to thank each of you for all you have done to ensure a safe semester so far.

As you may be aware from the dashboard, 98% of students on the Storrs campus are fully or partially vaccinated; the vaccination rates among students on our regional campuses and at the law school are at 90% or higher; and just over 93.8% of faculty and staff are fully or partially vaccinated.

Thus far we have had only 55 positive COVID-19 cases among Storrs students, total, since Aug. 25 – both on and off campus – and there were only five current positive cases among the Storrs residential population as of this past week. In addition, there have been only 18 reported positive cases among students at the regional campuses and the law school this semester.

Although we cannot be complacent, particularly given the Delta variant and the approaching the cold weather, we are cautiously optimistic.

I am writing because a number of faculty and staff have asked for updates and clarification about UConn’s COVID-related policies, procedures, and resources. Below, please find a link to up-to-date resources that should help to address the most common questions received in recent weeks:

https://today.uconn.edu/2021/10/updated-uconn-general-covid-19-qa-october-2021/

In addition to these answers, we will also resume sending regular communications to all faculty and staff to keep everyone updated. The Division of Student Affairs will also continue to provide updates and information to our students on a regular basis.

Thank you again for all you are doing and warm regards,

Andy

Andrew Agwunobi, MD, MBA

Interim President|University of Connecticut

Chief Executive Officer |UConn Health
Office of the President: 860.486.2337 | Office of the CEO: 860.679.2594

Twitter: @UConnPresident

Instagram: @UConnPres