In this tutorial, we’ll add an XY-value dataset to ArcGIS Pro and show how to project a single map layer and set the projection for multiple layers inside a map.

Introduction

Often, you will need to work with spatial data from outside your organization. You will have to figure out what it represents and how to import it correctly in order to be able to work with it inside Pro. Here, we’ll be using a dataset that has latitude and longitude values that has already been projected. We’ll perform the following four steps:

  1. Download and examine the data
  2. Add the data to the map window in Pro
  3. Change the projection of a single layer
  4. Change the projection for the entire map, including all data layers
Read the entire tutorial.

Thanks,

--
Eric Pimpler