Dear international students and exchange visitors,

We are writing to confirm new restrictions on travel to the U.S., effective today, in light of the new COVID-19 variant of concern. The new travel restrictions apply to noncitizens who were present in the following countries within 14 days of planned entry to the U.S.: Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe. You can read the full Presidential proclamation here.  While there are some exceptions to the policy, currently there is no national interest exception for international student or exchange visitor travelers. ISSS will contact students and exchange visitors individually who we believe could be affected by this policy.

These newest restrictions are a stark reminder that travel policies may change at any time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, here in the U.S. and worldwide. We continue to urge caution to international students and exchange visitors who are here and considering taking a temporary trip abroad, due to the risk of travel policy changes that may prevent you from returning in time for spring semester commitments.

Nevertheless, students and exchange visitors at the Storrs campus who will travel abroad during winter break should plan to submit your Travel Information Records by Friday, December 3, in order to get your travel signature back by Friday, December 10.

ISSS Storrs Travel Procedures:

1. Submit your online Travel Information Record.

Enrolled students: Submit your record here.

Visiting scholars: Login to the ISSS Scholar Portal with your email and password (do not use Net ID), click on requests, and click on Travel Signature.

2. Between November 29 and December 3, drop off your most recent I-20 or DS-2019 document to the ISSS from desk between 8 am and 5 pm.  Enrolled students should also drop off a full time enrollment verification document from the UConn Registrar. Pick this up at the Registrar office in Wilbur Cross building, or email [log in to unmask] and request the document.

3. Your I-20 or DS-2019 with travel signature will be ready for you by December 10 for pick up.  The ISSS front desk will notify you by email when your document is ready for pick up. We will also return your enrollment verification to you, so that you have it with you for travel.

Students and exchange visitors who are not at the Storrs campus should check with your ISSS Advisor on how to get your travel signature and report your travel.

If you have any questions or concerns we encourage you to make an in-person or virtual appointment with your ISSS Advisor (click on their name to find the appointment link).

Best wishes,

Rae Alexander

She/Her/Hers

Director

International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1