Thank you everyone that replied to my questions. Here is what I know so far:

I did a quick and dirty set-up for Field Maps and was able to CONFIRM that indeed, the GlobalID is automatically copied to the GUID field when using the App, so clearly it is doing something that desktop is not. I think it's interesting that it doesn't copy over automatically when adding records in desktop, using ArcPro, but I did get a few replies that might help with that - further testing to come. I also don't anticipate needing to add records at my desk, but I still think it's counterintuitive if I have to manually copy/paste the GlobalID to the GUID.

If I figure out the answer to the desktop question, I will let you all know.

You've all worked hard on my question, so why don't you take the rest of the afternoon off and enjoy your weekend 🙂

Thank you,

Shawn Herrick – Sr. GIS Analyst, GISP

UNH Facilities - Capital Planning & Management

22 Colovos Rd | Durham, NH 03824

(603)862-3931 | www.unh.edu/facilities

Pride, Service, Dedication, and Respect