Greetings NEARC GIS Community:

https://www.ucgis.org/  is an organization I have been working with for about 15 years – it is a fine community largely of university GISscience professors and students.   Probably some of you are already aware of them.  The University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS) is a non-profit organization that creates and supports communities of practice for GIScience research, education, and policy endeavors in higher education and with allied institutions. They are the professional hub for the academic GIS community in the United States, with partnerships extending this capacity abroad.

One of their chief accomplishments is the online GIS&T Body of Knowledge:

https://gistbok.ucgis.org/

I wanted to mention that their conference this year will be held at Syracuse University in your region and I am looking forward to being there and perhaps meeting some of you there, 7-9 June 2022:

https://www.ucgis.org/symposium-2022-main

The 2022 UCGIS Symposium will focus on looking forward to what’s next for the geospatial community as society continues to grapple with urgent social and environmental challenges including the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change, environmental sustainability, issues of inclusion and diversity, and more. The symposium is an opportunity to bring together experts focused on exploring not only new directions, technologies, and priorities for geospatial science research and education, but also the needs of the future workforce. How can new technologies, methods, data sources, tools, and perspectives provide meaningful support to the geospatial community in describing and developing solutions to these challenges?

Joseph Kerski

Joseph J. Kerski, Ph.D., GISP | Education Manager

Esri | 167 S. Taylor Avenue | Louisville CO 80027-3025 | USA

T 909-369-8237 | M 303 625 3925 | [log in to unmask] | esri.com

https://esriurl.com/josephkerski https://twitter.com/josephkerski

THE SCIENCE OF WHERE ®