Happy March! We have some exciting content coming up in the next couple of months:

Spring NEARC Call for Abstracts

Save the date for Spring NEARC on Monday, May 16 at Westfield State University in Westfield, Massachusetts

To submit an abstract, review the presentation guidelines and submission procedures, then submit a proposal online.

NEARC Community Event: ArcGIS Solutions

Wednesday, March 9th, 12:00 - 1:30pm

Join the Esri team to learn more about ArcGIS Solutions, a collection of focused maps and apps that help address challenges in your organization. Solutions leverage your authoritative data and are designed to improve operations, provide new insight, and enhance services in government, utility, defense, public safety, telecommunications, and commercial business.

The first hour of this workshop will be dedicated to learning about these tools and then we will have 30 minutes or so for Q&A, open discussion, and breakout rooms to connect with colleagues. We hope to see you there!

Please register to join:  ArcGIS Solutions

Desktop to Online - The Shift in Higher Education

Wednesday, April 20th, 12-1:30pm

Within the field of GIS, there has been and continues to be a shift towards interactive web mapping. Desktop software still plays a critical role, but so much work can now be done using a tool such as ArcGIS Online. For this workshop, Brian Baldwin from Esri will be joining Katie Grillo as they put on their Adjunct Professor hats and lead the NEARC Community in discussion centered around the shift in higher education from teaching ArcGIS desktop software to moving more online. Together we will acknowledge some of the challenges and explore potential solutions we can implement. This conversation will be geared towards those in higher education, but all are welcome to attend.

Please register to join:  Desktop to Online - The Shift in Higher Education

Thank you all for your participation and support of our NEARC events. We look forward to seeing you soon!

--

Katie Grillo | NEARC President

Users Helping Users

northeastarc.org