Today, 1:30-2:30, there will be an Analysis and Probability seminar talk by

     Letizia Temperini from University of Florence

Talk Title: Existence Results for Solutions to Certain Local and Nonlocal (p,q) Systems

Abstract: Motivated by important applications in nonlinear elasticity, recently
great attention has been devoted to the study of local and nonlocal nonlinear problems with (p, q) growth conditions.

We present existence results for a class of parametric (p, q) systems with
critical and Hardy terms in R^N, provided that the parameter is sufficiently large. The interest is twofold: on one hand, the simultaneous presence of critical terms, Hardy terms and the fact that the systems are studied in the whole R^N cause, roughly speaking, a "triple loss of compactness" which dramatically affects the applicability of standard variational methods. On
the other hand, we compare the results obtained for the (p,q) fractional Laplacian operator with their local counterpart.

The results of the talk are obtained jointly with Patrizia Pucci.

Seminar is on WebEx:

A&P Seminar with Letizia Temperini
Hosted by Matthew Badger

https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php?MTID=mfb048492a04b13a0afc7b471737582e4
Friday, Apr 22, 2022 1:30 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 2624 630 7508
Password: monteith

Join by video system
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0002 US Toll

Access code: 262 463 07508

Upcoming Talks