Dear Colleagues,

The Town of Guilford is looking for a creative planning professional to join its newly reformed and dynamic Planning & Zoning Department.  Working alongside the Town Planner, this newly created role of Assistant Town Planner will:

Collaborate with the Town Planner on comprehensive planning processes, including but not limited to the Plan of Conservation & Development and the integration of Sustainable Development therein.

Collaborate with Town Committees and the Town Planner on place-based research, grants and community engagement in general and specifically related to sustainable development.

Serve as the Town’s Zoning Enforcement Officer

Staff the Zoning Board of Appeals

Assist in GIS Mapping and Geospatial Analysis

Review development plans and building permits for zoning compliance with a focused eye on soil, erosion & sedimentation control as well as stormwater management measures.

Assist the Department’s Administrative Assistant in servicing the public at the Land Use counter

Guilford is a dynamic town which embraces planning, sustainable development and community engagement.  We have a long and productive history of Town Planning which has recently been re-invigorated.  Currently, under the new Town Planner the Planning & Zoning Department is tackling a comprehensive Zoning and Subdivision Regulations re-write, which integrates active space planning & creative placemaking around the Green, an Affordable Housing Plan, a Safe Streets vision plan and a commercial corridor master plan.

The Department has excellent administrative and legal support as well as highly engaged and effective commissions including; the Planning & Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, a Historic District Commission and a Design Review Committee.

The Department is invested in professional development and will support, in both time and resources, CAZEO continuing education, AICP certification and advancement in GIS mapping and geospatial analysis utilizing ESRI platforms.

A little bit about Guilford.  We are an absolute gem of a Connecticut Shoreline town.  Spanning an impressive North-South geography, Guilford has it all, from shoreline beaches to rocky ledge hiking trails.  Guilford hosts active farms, significant open space, a commercial corridor, historic architecture and a walkable, vibrant Town Green.  Our Town Staff is committed, professional and agile.  Our citizenry is active and passionate.  We have more than two dozen volunteer committees and task forces engaging in a great diversity of social issues and perhaps most importantly, our Town Officials are highly supportive of Planning and all its potential.

Do you have the passion, creativity and skills to join our team?  If so, please consider applying.

This is a Full-Time Exempt Position with Benefits

Starting Salary (DOE)- $70,800 - $75,100 per year

Any person interested in applying for this position should submit an Employment Application to:

Human Resources, Guilford Town Hall, 31 Park Street, Guilford or via email to Town Planner, Jaime Stein no later than:

              3:00 p.m., Monday, August 22, 2022

 A copy of the job description and employment application are attached.

Jaime Stein, AICP

Town Planner

Guilford Planning & Zoning Department

(203)-453-8032

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email, all related responses and any files and/or attachments transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed (or authorized to receive for the addressee). This email may contain legally privileged information and may not be disclosed or forwarded to anyone else without authorization from the originator of this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your system. Messages to or from the Town of Guilford may be subject to the Freedom of Information Act (Conn. Gen. Stat. sections 1-200 et seq.)