CTDOT is looking for your input!

Recently the Department has started facilitating public access to its data through an Open Data Hub site.  Our hope is to increase transparency and utilization of Department data in analysis and decision making at all levels consistent with Executive Order #39.   Please feel free to visit our Open Data site here: CTDOT Open Data (arcgis.com)

Related to these efforts, and keeping in the spirit of working to enable our stakeholders to access authoritative Department data in formats and on schedules that meets THEIR needs, we are looking for some feedback on how particular datasets are being utilized by our regional partners so that we can make necessary adjustments to lower barriers of entry, increase analysis opportunities, and overall provide better customer service related to transportation related data.

The Enterprise GIS (EGIS) and Travel Demand Air Quality (TDAQ) Units of CTDOT have created a survey that looks to identify use cases, prioritize data maintenance and judge usefulness/utility for various socioeconomic datasets that are compiled from various sources (decennial Census, American Community Survey, DOL data, etc.) and managed by the TDAQ Unit.  We plan to incorporate your feedback when making decisions on maintenance and availability of this data.

Please feel free to participate in our survey linked below.  It consists of 10 questions and expected time for completion is approximately 5 minutes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Enterprise GIS Unit at [log in to unmask]

To access the survey click HERE.

Thank you!

Jenny Petrario

Enterprise GIS Unit