All,

I’m looking to scan historical tax assessor maps from the 1940’s that are 40” x 44” in size and mounted on thick ½” stiff cardboard that are in remarkably good shape.  The maps fold in the middle with a 1” break in the map document so they could be cut in half in a pinch without damaging the continuity of the maps.

They can’t fit through our 42” E size scanner, so I’m looking for (in a perfect world) vendor who can offer on-site flatbed scanning services.

If not on site, somewhere in southern New England, preferably Rhode Island, Hartford/New Haven area or south of Boston so I can bring these maps directly to the vendor as I need to keep custody of them throughout the process.

Anyone know of such a vendor?

Thanks.

Carol

Carol P. Baker