Greetings NEARC GIS Community!

I thought this new post might be of interest to some:

Forests and Buildings removed Copernicus DEM (FABDEM) is a newly available global Digital Terrain Model (DTM) created in collaboration between researchers at Fathom and the University of Bristol FloodLab. FABDEM is available at one arc second (~30m) grid spacing and is the world’s first global DTM to have both trees and buildings removed. The new DTM provides GIS users with a high-resolution representation of the Earth’s topography, from which important ‘bare earth’ measurements can be extracted.  For more, see our data blog essay about this, here:

https://spatialreserves.wordpress.com/2022/09/12/bringing-bare-earth-mapping-to-life-with-fabdem/

Joseph Kerski

Joseph J. Kerski, PhD GISP

Esri | Education Manager, Geographer