GIS Analyst / Technician Position(s)

New England GeoSystems is currently looking to bring onboard a new GIS Technician / Analyst based out of our Branford, CT office. NEGEO is a closely knit team providing a wide range of GIS consulting services to municipalities, regional entities, and private companies across New England and New York since 2005.

Duties & Responsibilities

The primary duties & responsibilities of this position will be to provide a high level of GIS support to our private and municipal clients in the following areas.

Public Safety / E911

Work with our partner E911 CAD software provider in developing and maintaining address, district and centerline data sets for fire, police and EMS dispatch centers.

Planning & Zoning

Work with our many municipal clients in the development, maintenance and improvement of planning & zoning datasets including zoning, easements, open space, land use, recreational areas, wetlands, trail mapping & FEMA flood mapping.

Some of this work will be working with our partner planning consultant in support of various Plans of Conservation & Development (POCD) in CT and Comprehensive Plans in RI.

Public Utility Notification Support

Work with our partner law firm in developing mass notification and location maps in support of 4G & 5G small cell deployments.

Other

This position will also need to periodically interact and support the technicians and analysts on our cadastral development and maintenance team.

Qualifications

The ideal candidate(s) will have at least 3 years of experience working with municipal GIS datasets, with an above average attention to detail, possess cartographic awareness, and has ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.

Candidates need to have real world experience using the ESRI suite of products, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap Desktop and ArcGIS Online. Additional skills such as MS Office with a familiarity of MS Access and SQL Server a plus.

Administrative

Positions are full time majority office-based positions located in our Branford, CT office. All positions require completion of a four-year degree in a related field and professional work experience.

Since the way business is conducted these days has evolved, options have been made available for all staff to work remotely at differing levels. A familiarization of clients, projects and workflows is the first goal of any new employee and initially this goal is best met with an experience weighed more towards in-person training and collaboration. Once a working relationship has been established, remote options will be explored. Bottom line, as a small business, we are and have to be flexible.

Benefits for a full-time position including health, life, disability and retirement will be available after a short waiting period and performance evaluation. Salary and title is generally based on experience and this position has been budgeted in the range of $21.50 - $32.00/hr. with flexibility for unique candidates.

Interested

Please submit your resume, highlighting exposure to and interest in the above-mentioned areas of responsibilities, making note of your current employment situation, availability and any other supporting material and questions to [log in to unmask] or visit our INDEED listingNo phone calls please.

www.newenglandgeosystems.com