Seconding OBS as a recording software. Can't speak to Windows Photos, but if you have the creative cloud you can do basic stuff fairly easily in Premier.

From: Northeast Arc Users Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of John Holbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2022 10:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: recording video - favorite tools?

When I was teaching and we went remote for covid, I used OBS (Open Broadcast Studio - https://obsproject.com/) to capture my camera, screen, and audio and then used Windows Photos (on Win10) to edit them together (clip, split, add text). Free and pretty straightforward to learn.

John D. Holbrook
GIS Coordinator, Town of Pepperell MA