Hello,

I'm writing today with some exciting news that I thought might be of interest. As part of our new Cartography Challenges program at the Leventhal Map & Education Center, we're inviting submissions of maps that creatively visualize immigration patterns in Greater Boston: https://www.leventhalmap.org/projects/cartography-challenge/immigration-in-boston/

For this challenge, we're excited to review any kind of map—as long as it isn't a choropleth (hence the challenge!).

In addition to being awarded $200, the winner from this competition will have the opportunity for their work to be exhibited in our digital collections and exhibitions. The deadline is Monday, December 19, and I am happy to answer any questions if they arise before then.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you're curious to learn more. Feel free to share widely among students, colleagues, etc.—we'd love to see submissions from the NEARC community!

Best,
Ian Spangler
Assistant Curator of Digital & Participatory Geography
Leventhal Map & Education Center at the Boston Public Library
https://www.leventhalmap.org/