Good News Everyone!

I am happy to announce that the CT GIS Office has selected Dewberry Engineers, Inc. as the vendor that will be acquiring aerial imagery and LiDAR for the entire state as well as producing some requested derived data products.

Here is a summary of the deliverables agreed to by both OPM and Dewberry:

Table 7: LIDAR CLASSIFICATION SCHEMA

CLASS NUMBER (#)

DESCRIPTION

Class 1

Processed, but unclassified

Class 2

Bare-Earth Ground

Class 3

Low Vegetation

Class 4

Medium Vegetation

Class 5

High Vegetation

Class 6

Buildings

Class 7

Low Noise

Class 9

Water (points located within collected hydro breaklines)

Class 17

Bridge Deck

Class 18

High Noise

Class 20

Ignored Ground (typically breakline proximity)

Class 21

Snow (if present and identifiable)

Class 22

Temporal exclusion (typically non-favored data in intertidal zones)

If you or your organization are interested in acquiring any buy-ups from Dewberry, please reach out to their point of contact for this project: Srinu Ratnala ([log in to unmask]) to discuss. If you or your organization elect to purchase something, please keep the CT GIS Office in the loop in case we can be of assistance in any way.

The Dewberry team is currently ready to mobilize and is only waiting for the weather to clear up so the planes can get in the air. Additionally, I plan to provide periodic updates on this project as it progresses and significant milestones are achieved.

I look forward to the many wonderful things the CT GIS community will create from this high-quality dataset, and as always, please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

Alfredo Herrera

Geographic Information Officer

Office of Policy and Management