Dear all,

The speaker for tomorrow's Analysis and Probability seminar is Anna Rozanova-Pierrat from CentraleSupelec, Paris-Saclay, and the title of their talk is "Existence of Optimal Shapes in Linear Acoustics in the Lipschitz and Non-Lipschitz Classes of Domains."

As a reminder, we have moved the seminar to 2:30-3:30 on Fridays this semester.  The room is still the same (MONT 313).  We will also simulcast the talk on Webex if you are unable to make it in person.  The details are after the abstract.

Abstract: To find the most efficient shape of a noise-absorbing wall to dissipate the acoustical energy of a sound wave, we consider a frequency model described by the Helmholtz equation with damping on the boundary modeled by a complex-valued Robin Boundary condition. We introduce a class of admissible Lipschitz boundaries, in which an optimal shape of the wall ensures the infimum of the acoustic energy. Then we also introduce a larger compact class of (ε, ∞) - or uniform domains with possibly non-Lipschitz (for example, fractal) boundaries in which an optimal shape exists, giving the minimum of the energy. The boundaries are described as the supports of Radon measures ensuring their Hausdorff dimension in the segment [n−1, n) . A byproduct of our proof is that the class of bounded (ε, ∞) -domains with fixed ε is stable under Hausdorff convergence. Another related result is the Mosco convergence of Robin-type energy functionals on converging domains.

Hybrid A&P Seminar - Spring 2023
Hosted by Matthew Badger

https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php?MTID=m6a72f20c1548d804e1f0f8e216e491a4
Friday, February 24, 2023 2:30 PM | 1 hour 10 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Occurs every Friday effective 2/24/2023 until 4/28/2023 from 2:30 PM to 3:40 PM, (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 2624 466 5888
Password: bass

Join by video system
Dial [log in to unmask]
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0002 US Toll

Access code: 262 446 65888

Best,