From: Unmoderated discussion list for Connecticut GIS Users <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Chadwick, Cary
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2023 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CTGIS-L] Winners of the 2023 CT Maps Competition

Good Morning,

On behalf of the CT Leadership Team, I’d like to congratulate the winners of the 2023 CT Maps Competition. This is an Esri-sponsored mapping competition for middle and high school students. Our two state winners will go on to compete in a national competition with students from across the country. National winners will be announced by Esri on May 30 and will be featured in a webinar on June 15. Best wishes to our two winners! Additional details about their entries and the competition are available on the CT Maps Competition webpage.

High School Division Winner:
1st Place | Finding Open Space, Protecting Connecticut Land and Gardens
Student Author: Melinda Lu
School: Amity Regional High School, Woodbridge, CT

Middle School Division Winner:
1st Place | Places to Take your Dog or Cat
Student Author: Connor Wood
School: Scofield Magnet Middle School, Stamford, CT

Cary Chadwick, she/her/hers

Geospatial Educator

University of Connecticut

Center for Land Use Education and Research (CLEAR)

Department of Extension
http://clear.uconn.edu