Excellent!

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
From: Tito Sanchez <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 5/30/23 3:44 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Position issue with Leica GG04 Plus - SOLVED!!

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Hover over any links before clicking them and forward questionable emails to IT if you are unsure. Forward spam to [log in to unmask]

Hi All,

I shared a technical problem I encountered with my Leica GG04 Plus a few weeks ago and received numerous insightful responses. Thank you to all who responded!

I am pleased to inform you that we successfully identified the root cause and devised a viable resolution.

If you are utilizing an identical setup (see below), it has been determined that the issue relates to a datum shift problem, as suspected. The crucial step is to create a precise profile (which required some time to resolve) with the correct datum transformation within Field maps, ensuring seamless alignment between the two apps. It is worth noting that the "Default" profile within Field Maps causes the datum shift, resulting in incorrect alignment of your location with the base map. Please refer to the details below for further clarification:

My Set Up:

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G

Model Name: SM-T738U

Field Maps version: 23.1.1, Build 1405

GPS Unit: Leica GG04 Plus

Leica App: Leica Zeno Connect

Realtime Corrections: MaCORS

Steps:

Open your Leica Zeno Connect App on your tablet and select the following under settings:

Geographic Coord. System: WGS 1984

Geoid Model: MAGeoid12B GRS80.gem

Datum Transformation: None (you set this in field maps later)

Connect to your GPS unit.

Open up Field Maps and create a new profile using the following parameters:

GNSS coordinate system: GCS NAD 1983 2011 (WKID 6318)

Map Coordinate System: WGS 1984 Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere (WKID 3857)

Horizontal datum transformation: ~WGS_1984_(ITRF08)_To_NAD_1983_2011 (USA – CONUS and Alaska;PRVI

Feel free to reach out to me if you are having trouble with setting this up correctly or if you have any questions/comments.

Regards,

Tito

Tito Sanchez, GISP

Senior Project Manager/GIS & Asset Management

BETA Group, Inc. - Celebrating 35 Years

BETA Group, Inc.
401.333.2382

Build your future at BETA. Apply now!

Confidentiality Notice:

This email message (and any attachments) contains information from BETA Group, Inc. that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you may not disclose, copy, distribute, rely upon, or use its contents. Please reply to the sender immediately and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Links contained in this email have been replaced. If you click on a link in the email above, the link will be analyzed for known threats. If a known threat is found, you will not be able to proceed to the destination. If suspicious content is detected, you will see a warning. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This list (NEARC-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all NEARC Users.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to https://link.edgepilot.com/s/6e0f7145/V_YUkh7tAEW2MZPfjHb5-Q?u=http://s.uconn.edu/nearcsubscribe.