Please pass this along as appropriate to educators you know!

Attention GIS educators, teachers, and professionals in Geography, Social Studies, and related fields! We invite you to be a part of our upcoming 1-day conference on GIS education in New Haven, CT, Sunday, October 15. This is an incredible opportunity for you to showcase your expertise, share your experiences, and inspire fellow educators in the dynamic field of Geographic Information Systems.

Deadline to submit: July 14th, 11:59 PM

Northeast Arc Users Group (NEARC) Educator’s Day presentations, workshops, and posters are an opportunity to share experience, expertise, and knowledge with colleagues and offer solutions for successful use of GIS.

We are seeking engaging and informative presentations that explore various aspects of GIS education, including innovative teaching methods, successful projects, impactful research, and practical applications. Whether you are an experienced GIS educator or a passionate newcomer, we welcome submissions from professionals of all skill levels.

 Abstracts for the following presentation formats may be submitted:

·    Lightning Talk - 5 minutes

·    Short Oral Presentation - 30 minutes (25 minutes presenting, 5 Q&A)

·    Hands-On Workshop - 90 minutes

·    Panel Presentation (organized by YOU) - 90 minutes

·    Poster - Printed or Digital, plus strongly encouraged lightning presentation! ("poster" can mean any of the following formats: PDF, Story Map, Dashboard, Web Apps, Hub Site, etc.)

·    Longer Oral Presentation - 60 minutes (50 minutes presenting, 10 Q&A) (Limited Timeslots

Both virtual and in-person presentations will be considered

Prior to submitting an abstract, review the presenter guidelines. Once the submittal procedure is clear, click on the link below to submit your presentation abstract.

Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of July and the schedule will be posted online shortly thereafter.

Keep an Eye Out:

·    Conference Registration will open in early August.

NEARC | c/o Delaney Event Management, 46B Main Street, 4th Floor,
Winooski, VT 05404

Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with

Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

 Kind regards,

Thad

Thad J. Dymkowski, GISP

GIS Analyst

Chair of the Fall NEARC Educators’ Day Committee

Town of South Windsor

Town Hall Annex

1530 Sullivan Ave

South Windsor, CT 06074