Sent on behalf of Lloyd Blanchard

Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and Planning, Chief Strategy Officer

Dear Colleagues,

I write to let you know that Michael Jednak, who has served as UConn’s associate vice president for Facilities Operations since 2013, has accepted a position at Florida State University as its new associate vice president and chief facilities officer following a national search. Mike will start in Florida on Aug. 7.

On behalf of our colleagues, I want to thank Mike for his decade of exemplary service to UConn. His leadership within Facilities was always both efficient and highly effective. His unwavering professionalism, extensive knowledge and experience, problem-solving, and exceptional work ethic – and that of his team – continue to be deeply appreciated across all of our campuses.

In addition to overseeing the day-to-day operations of his unit, which serves and supports all of us here at UConn, Mike and his staff have been the point people in contending with the regular facilities challenges and crises that every large physical plant faces from time to time – from blizzards to damaging tropical storms and hurricanes to water main breaks to power outages.

The steadiness and hard work from Mike and his team successfully guided the university through each, and ensured a rapid recovery and the quick resumption of normal operations. We knew we could count on him and the entire Facilities staff.

While we are sorry to lose such a valued colleague, we congratulate Mike on his appointment and wish him all the best going forward.

We will begin a national search to fill this critical role in the weeks ahead.

Sincerely,