Dear International Students and Scholars!

I’m thrilled to welcome all our international huskies back to campus this fall!  This year we have new international students from 92 different countries who will call UConn their home this fall.  ISSS supports students at all of our UConn campuses and we are here for you during your time at UConn. We have full-time ISSS staff to help you in Storrs, Stamford and Hartford campuses and part-time staff to help you at the School of Law.  Students at the Waterbury and Avery Point campuses have dedicated ISSS advisors and should check their emails for updates from ISSS and to meet with staff when we come to your campus.  Students in Storrs can visit us at the Center for International Students and Scholars (CISS) located at 2019 Hillside Rd.  Please see some important reminders for new and continuing international students at UConn.

Reminders for All Students

As a reminder all international students must be enrolled full-time and in predominantly in-person classes. Please review the full-time enrollment requirements here and contact your academic advisor if you have questions about your enrollment.

Reminders for New Students

If this is your first semester at UConn or you received an updated form I-20 or DS-2019 with an August 2023 start date you must complete the “Immigration Check-in” with ISSS by submitting your arrival documents and completing all steps in the Arrival ChecklistTHANK YOU to all the new students who already completed their immigration check in, you do not need to do this again.

If you are working on campus in an on-campus job or as a graduate assistant, don’t forget to submit the Foreign National Information Form to the payroll office and to work with ISSS to apply for a social security number (SSN).

Please log in to MyHealth.uconn.edu and check your compliance with university immunization requirements.  If you are not 100% compliant please follow up with Student Health and Wellness (SHAW) ensure you are compliant before enrollment begins for spring term.  Storrs campus students can contact SHAW in person or by calling 860-486-4700 to schedule an appointment.  Regional campus students will need to work with a local provider and submit documentation to SHAW online.  Students at the School of Law should follow guidance and procedures as instructed by the registrar at the School of Law.

Reminders for Continuing Students

Are you graduating in Fall 2023?  If you will be graduating in fall 2023 and you do not require a full course load to complete your degree, you can request to take a reduced course load for last semester from ISSS.   If fall 2023 will be your last semester and you only need to enroll in one course, it must be an in-person course and must be offered at UConn.   If you will graduate in Fall 2023 and you are interested to stay in the U.S. and work in your major field you should attend and OPT workshop and plan to apply for OPT with ISSS in October or November.  Review the Optional Practical Training (OPT) information and application procedures on our website.  Lastly

Upcoming Events That We Recommend

Storrs Campus

Sunset Yoga Friday, September 1 – 6:30 PM at Horsebarn Hill

This UConn tradition should not be missed. Join hundreds of other UConn students for yoga at the end of your first week.

Involvement Fair Wednesday, September 6  - 2:00-6:00 PM at Fairfield Way

Find new ways to connect, make friends and get involved at UConn – see over 400 different student clubs and organizations.

Hartford Campus

Involvement Fair Wednesday, September 6  - 12:00-3:00 PM UConn Hartford

Stamford Campus

Fall Involvement Fair Thursday, September 7 – 12:00-1:30 Rich Concourse

Waterbury Campus

Resource and Involvement Fair Wednesday, September 6  - 12:00-3:00 PM Multipurpose Room

Avery Point Campus

Student Involvement @ Avery Point

Wishing you the best for a terrific fall term.

Best regards,

Arthur

___________

Arthur Galinat
Director, International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)

UConn Global Affairs
Center for International Student & Scholars (CISS)
2019 Hillside Rd., U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800

New Location: Center for International Students & Scholars

EMAIL:
[log in to unmask] | http://isss.uconn.edu

Facebook: @UConnGlobal  | Instagram: @uconn.global

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1