This tutorial explains how point data can be aggregated into polygon features. Based on spatial proximity, points can be grouped into a single polygon. The latest version of ArcGIS Pro (3.1) offers the Aggregate Points tool, that does exactly this. It is found in the Generalization Toolbox within the Cartography Toolbox. Next, we’ll use the resulting polygons as input for the Aggregate Polygons tool, which is found within the same toolbox as the first tool.

Although the resulting data has no significant meaning by itself, these two tools show how you can aggregate point features into different spatial features (polygons) that can be used for further analysis. In this case, we’ll group points that resemble parks and protected lands. By aggregating these across the United States, we get a spatial distribution of such areas that can be used for spatial planning or wildlife preservation.

Read the entire article.

--
Eric Pimpler
President/Owner