Greetings NEARC  community --

From time to time I get asked about a course in mapping and GIS that people can invite friends & loved ones and others to … In other words, one that's not laden with jargon, is understandable and enjoyable and may spur others to pursue GIS as a career.   I'm teaching one such course next Monday evening for the University of Denver's enrichment program.  2 Oct 2023

I will cover in lively and visual ways how and why modern mapping  tools came to be… the development in thought, understanding, technology, and techniques, including GPS and remote sensing -  development of web mapping.  services,  all the way from Hipparchus Eratosthenes & Ptolemy -- the Babylonian clay tablets, Chinese maps on silk - to modern pioneers.

Search for mapping in the following catalog for more info - The road to modern mapping - Program Fall 2023 by University College - Issuu

There is a small fee for the University to host these courses, but I trust that it will be of interest and I will  be available for any follow up questions.

Joseph Kerski
Joseph J. Kerski, PhD GISP
Education Manager | Geographer | Esri
M:  303-625-3925