Dear CT GIS colleagues,

Although I am not directly involved in this meeting, I believe the topic is relevant to many on this mailing list. I am just an attendee.

Event description

The Geographical and Geospatial Sciences Committee (GGSC) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is hosting a meeting on November 14, 2023, on The Geospatial Workforce Crisis: a diversity of pathways forward. This meeting will focus on barriers and opportunities to preparing government and industry for the geospatial careers of the future. Topics to be discussed include identifying the geospatial careers of the future, federal agency perspectives on building the geospatial workforce, and barriers and pathways to a diverse geospatial workforce.

See the post by Dr. Dawn Wright (it’s how I learned about it)

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/deepseadawn_the-geospatial-workforce-crisis-a-diversity-activity-7121557525388292097-YQoB?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

https://www.nationalacademies.org/event/41079_11-2023_the-geospatial-workforce-crisis-a-diversity-of-pathways-forward

Best wishes,

Miriam

-----

Miriam Olivares, GISP

GIS Support Services | Computational Methods and Data Department

Yale University Library | Yale University