Good morning all,

I know many of old veterans are well versed on shapefiles, however I have found many of our younger colleagues as well as many other non-GIS types we work with don’t have that same level of understanding. So I have released a new video that explains shapefiles. This includes some about their history, their overall structure, the purpose of the multiple files that make up a shapefile, and some of the limitations associated with them. Here is a link to the video –

https://youtu.be/CEUzbggzir4?si=z_VvAxetG_zz4zld

Feel free to share this with anyone that you think might benefit from the information presented.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP

Business Development Manager – GIS & Aerial

SAM, LLC

470-998-8944 (Cell)

Large file transfer

Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) Texas Firm Registration No. 10064300
SAM-Construction Services, LLC is Texas Board of Professional Engineers Registered Firm No. 13921
Notice regarding email confidentiality and contact information at https://www.sam.biz/terms-of-use/