Greetings-

I am working on a project for Kestrel Land Trust (Amherst, MA), looking for a parcel of land in the CT River Valley area on which to establish a conservation cemetery. This would be a conserved piece of land where people could be buried in a shroud or basket. Our hope is that we can find a fallow farm with frontage. This has been very challenging. MA Department of Environmental Protection places constraints on location- most importantly, the cemetery must be setback 750' away from a private well and can only be established on particular soils.

We've worked with a class at UMASS, Amherst, who established a model using all the relevant GIS layers like setback from wells, particular soils, minimum acreage, access, and more, and they ran this model for open (not forested) land in a 55-town area. While we did come up with about one dozen potential parcels, we did not find an interested seller.

We are now looking at forestland and would like to hire a professional to do that GIS modeling work for forestland in the 55-town area. If you are interested, please respond to this email.

Thank you,
Christina

Christina Petersen