Dear all,

Tomorrow's speaker in the Analysis and Probability Seminar is Evan Camrud from Colorado State.  The title of his talk is "Equilibrium and convergence for a stochastic model of turbulence."

The talk will begin at 2:30pm tomorrow in Mont 313.

Abstract: We analyze a degenerate stochastic forcing on the Lorenz 96 model. This model can be interpreted as a Galerkin truncation of the Navier-Stokes equations, or as a system describing the advection of a quantity in the atmosphere. We prove minimal conditions to guarantee a unique invariant measure in arbitrary dimension, and moreover establish an explicit rate of convergence to equilibrium in four dimensions.

Best,
Sean