Dear all,

Tomorrow's speaker in the Analysis and Probability Seminar is Anh Xuan Do from UConn.  The title of his talk is "A new approach to weighted Hardy-Rellich inequalities."

The talk will begin at 2:30pm tomorrow in Mont 313.

Abstract: In this talk, we investigate necessary and sufficient conditions on the weights for the Hardy-Rellich inequalities to hold, and propose a new way to use the notion of Bessel pair to establish the optimal Hardy-Rellich type inequalities. Our results sharpened earlier Hardy-Rellich and Rellich type inequalities in the literature. We also studied several results about the symmetry and symmetry breaking properties of the Hardy-Rellich type and Rellich type inequalities, and then partially answered an open question raised by Ghoussoub and Moradifam. Namely, we will present conditions on the weights such that the Hardy-Rellich type and Rellich type inequalities hold for all functions if and only if the same inequalities hold for all radial functions.

This is based on joint work with Guozhen Lu, and Nguyen Lam.

Best,
Sean