Dear all,

Tomorrow's speaker in the Analysis and Probability Seminar is Debdip Ganguly from IIT, Delhi.  The title of his talk is "Sharp Quantitative stability of Poincare-Sobolev inequality in the hyperbolic space."

The talk will begin at 2:30pm tomorrow in Mont 313.

Abstract: The talk is devoted to the sharp stability of Poincare-Sobolev inequalities in the hyperbolic space. To begin with, I shall formulate the question of the stability of the classical Sobolev inequality in the Euclidean space and recall some of the seminal results of Bianchi-Egnelland Ciraolo, Figalli and Maggi and many others. Then I shall deduce the (sharp) quantitative gradient stability of the Poincare-Sobolev inequalities in the hyperbolic space and the corresponding Euler-Lagrange equation locally around a bubble (and possibly at a higher energy level!) if time permits.

This is joint work with M. Bhakta, D. Karmakar, and S. Mazumdar.

Best,
Sean