To our NEARC Community-

Over the years we have built a community of GIS users, experts, and leaders across the northeast. We become ingrained in each other’s lives and have witnessed each other grow our GIS profession in so many special ways. This past weekend, we unexpectedly lost a great GIS leader from our NEARC/GIS community—Jarlath O’Neil-Dunne from the University of Vermont (UVM) Spatial Analysis Lab.

Jarlath served as the Director of the Spatial Analysis Lab and amongst other research initiatives, was pivotal in the lab’s urban tree canopy research and utilizing drones to survey natural disaster impacts. Jarlath suffered an unexpected cardiac emergency while skiing with close friends, something he loved doing.

Jarlath’s colleagues and friends have curated a Google form to gather memories and reflections about Jarlath that will be shared with his family. Feel free to submit your own memory or reflection using the link below.

Memories and Reflections about Jarlath

While devastated by Jarlath’s sudden passing, we know his lasting imprint on our GIS community will continue in all of us. NEARC’s Fall 2024 conference will take place in Burlington, VT, where Jarlath worked for many years. The NEARC board is committed to finding a special way to honor him during the conference. More details to come.

With Love,

NEARC Board of Directors

Brittany Hoffnagle

Katie Grillo

Pam DeAndrea

Nate Ward

Erica Poisson

Anita Beinikis

Rob Craig

Terracon provides environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials consulting engineering services delivered with responsiveness, resourcefulness, and reliability.

Private and confidential as detailed here (www.terracon.com/disclaimer). If you cannot access the hyperlink, please e-mail sender.