Dear Colleagues,

On Monday, January 15, the University will observe the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday to reflect on the meaning of Dr. King’s work and sacrifice. The University encourages all departments and offices that are able to close in observance of the holiday to do so.

We recognize that certain critical University operations and departments serving our residential students such as dining, facilities operations, residential life, and University Libraries will remain open to meet student and campus needs. However, it is our expectation that most University operations will close to observe the holiday.

In addition, Martin Luther King Jr. Day is often observed through community service, and these opportunities can be found across UConn’s campuses. Please consult the 2024 MLK Week of Events for additional information.

Questions regarding scheduling or time issues should be referred to [log in to unmask].

We look forward to the observance of this holiday.

--

Anne D’Alleva, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs

Frank Tuitt, Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer

Lakeesha Brown, Interim Chief Human Resources Officer